Monday, September 12, 2011

NYC Weekends

It has been a very busy summer and I have been traveling a lot, so I have not spent a weekend in the city in a long time. Although I love going to NJ to see my family, it was nice to spend some time at home and do some things around the city. I hope you all had lovely weekends too.

Friday after work I got a drink with some coworkers at the Mermaid Oyster Bar. I have wanted to try this place out for a while - the ambience was so cute and the food and drinks were amazing. I had the Mermaid Mary (bloody mary with old bay) and the Lobster & Truffle Mac and Cheese - if you're in the Village you have to try it!
On Saturday night we took in the views of the city...The Empire State Building
and the 9/11 Tribute in Light on the eve of the 10 year anniversary. (It's not the best picture, but it
was hard to capture on my iphone - as I did not have my camera with me).
On Sunday, Nic and I got brunch at our favorite place in the neighborhood, Uptown, to celebrate 23 months of dating (I celebrate every milestone). I had their amazing banana brioche french toast and of course a mimosa!

 Happy Monday Lovelies!

1 comment:

Thank you for your lovely thoughts!