Finding the time to get organized and get holiday cards out on time can get away from us all. Here is a time line that may help you stay on track!
- Start compiling the list of people you would like to send to tonight. This will help you estimate how many cards you need to purchase or order.
- Purchase your cards at the latest 1 week from today - November 11th. If you are having cards made, dedicate this weekend to designing them and sending the copy out to your printer.
- I like to using sealing wax on my envelopes, so I wait until I know what color the envelopes are to then purchase complimentary wax colors. (To find sealing wax and stamps go to a website such as Nostalgic Impressions or even Amazon).
- Designate one night on each of the following 2 weekends to sit down and write your cards. I usually like to do this on a Sunday night - so I will be doing this Sunday, November 13th and Sunday, November 20th.
- This is the fun part! Pick a great holiday movie to have on in the background.
Suggestions: Love Actually, White Christmas, the Family Stone.
- Choose a good bottle of wine to have on hand for the evening.
Suggestions: Pol Roger Brut Réserve (runs about $35 in NYC), or Alamos Malbec (about $12 in NYC)
- Take your time, you don't have to write a novel to everyone, but make it thoughtful.