Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY Holiday Decorations

HAPPY FRIDAY and Happy Veterans Day!!!!!!! We made it to the end of the work week!! This has been an especially long week, and I am really looking forward to the weekend. I have started thinking about the holidays and what I can do differently in my own home, and what new traditions and decorations I can share with my family. Here are some DIY holiday decorations that I want to try this year.

I love antique-looking ornaments, and putting them in a vase is a fun, different way of displaying them.
(image via Country Living)
So cute, simple, and inexpensive for New Years!
(image via A Field Journal)

I love these as centerpieces of the Christmas brunch or dinner table!
(You could use mason jars as pictured or simple vases)
(image via Better Homes and Gardens)
These sparkled tree branches would transfer well from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years.
I love the simple glamour of them!
(image via The Glitter Guide)
I love the idea of hanging these ornaments from the chandelier.
(via Bower Power Blog)

3 comments:

  1. I love those glittery sticks! So sparkly and fabulous! I usually do traditional red and gold, but I am thinking of changing it up to green and turquoise this year!

    - Elle @ Barefoot & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? They're so easy and would look great next to candles or the lights on the Christmas tree. I love the idea of changing up the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I've just found your blog and love it! Sarah from floralsandstripesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely thoughts!