Thursday, August 29, 2013

Doughnuts

Anyone who knows me, knows the doughnuts are my weakness. In fact, one of my nephews sometimes calls me Auntie Doughnut.

I grew up with a fantastic bakery in my town that made the best glazed and chocolate-frosted doughnuts. Alas, it closed many years ago (most member of the town are still mourning it). I also grew up spending time in the summer in Chatham Cape Cod, which just so happens to have a bakery that makes amazing square knot glazed doughnuts. We still go to Chatham in the summers and The Chatham Bakery is always my first stop (it's a must if you are ever in the area). I had hoped for a quaint bakery with perfects doughnuts like one of these when I found my new apartment.

The first thing I searched for on Google and Yelp in my new neighborhood was, ashamedly, a bakery. The search was futile. I was sad.

I decided I would have to make my own. For those of you that followed my blog in the past, one of my Wednesday Wishes from last February was a heart-shaped doughnut pan. I went ahead and bought it on Amazon, found a recipe on Pinterest and went for it.

The results...

They were baked, not fried doughnuts, (which we all know would have tasted a lot better). Still, these were pretty good. I'm looking forward to trying pumpkin or apple cider versions in the fall. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but it can from "Not So Humble Pie" - you can find the very easy recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely thoughts!